Home of the UnCommonSense and
Plain Dudes Radio podcast
Uncommon Sense was my first podcast started in 2008. I had been listening to podcasts in its most crude form since 2004 and was convinced by friends to try my own. My material to talk about comes from politics, philosophy, technology, and events in my life. I sometimes talk about other things or even play some music. I never wanted to be a music podcast since the exposure to risk from copyright is high. There are plenty of other music podcasts out there. I myself, prefer blog style podcasts where the host (s) talk about their life and share some of their life. I like to get feedback and even better conversation with my listeners. I think what makes podcasts truly different and better than broadcasts is the ability to interact.
To contact me just leave a message below and I will get the email and email back.
Plain Dudes Radio was a bold one of a kind experiment in communications using new media. I do not know of a radio or tv show like it. Normally when people talk about hot topics of the day it quickly degenerates into yelling and no one really listens let alone respects each others opinions. I wanted to create a show where people could express their opinions on topics without all the anger, drama, and disrespect. Tolerance and respect are the main rules of plain Dudes radio. We invite you to listen and to participate. Facebook group is HERE
My lifelong interest in communications led me into podcasting. I have been a ham radio operator, a radio announcer, and I communicate to people via digital voice recordings. I am passionate about podcasting and what it has to offer. Podcasting is better than radio or tv in a number of ways.
- Podcasting has no commercials
- It does not matter where you are located.. they do not fade out like radio and you can hear podcasts loud and clear from around the world
- The show you want to hear is on now.. not when the clock says it comes on
- Podcasts are uncensored
- The vast majority of podcasts are free
- The variety of subjects of podcasts is far greater than you will hear on radio or tv. This is because they do NOT have to be financially viable. That means they are NOT required to make money. You can find a podcast on nearly any subject due to this and the fact there is NO censorship
- You can interact and get to know the people doing the podcast. They welcome interaction from email or forums and such. Just try to talk to someone like Rush Limbaugh. You will be lost in the piles of other email he gets. I almost always get a reply from podcasters I want to talk to. Many podcasters have become a friend of mine.
HOW TO LISTEN
The easiest way is to listen using your smart phone or tablet computer. If you have any apple phone or tablet or Ipod touch just look for the podcast button, click the search button. It is at bottom and looks like magnifying glass. Type in “uncommon sense” and in the results select the one with the funny pennies logo like you see above called uncommon sense and plain dudes podcast. Subscribe to it or just download an episode or 2 to listen to.
On the android and on the apple tablets and phones there are apps that let you listen to podcasts . Click HERE for an article on some of the best. Search for them in the itunes store, google play store, or amazon store.